Monday, February 26, 2007

Unlucky?

I must admit, i whine a lot about how unlucky i can be. usually, something completely out of the ordinary wil happen to me, and that is something really strange....or really bad. Not that i am extremely unlucky, it's just that God decided to put 2 cups of unluck in my ingredients of life. I do know this. Or at least i hope this. there is some poor sap out that who is even unluckier than me. Poor loser.

If you don't believe me, here is some proof. One day in fourth or third grade, i was sitting outside with my friends. We were out in the middle of the playground when a bird decided to empty its bladder just above my head. this is not what makes me unlucky, 'cause this happens to people a lot. but the next thing is what makes me trluy unlucky. i had gone inside to clean off the feces. I went back outside, where my friends were laughing.... really hard, too. Then just as i was coming over, ANOTHER bird decided its bladder was full, and ddop a dump. As you probably guessed, the scat landed on target: my head. for a while my friends stared, suprised. then, one of them said, "wow that REALLY sucks!" They laughed and laughed... and laughed. they never stopped. i went to clean off the second glob of gunk .

another unforunate tale: When i was in middle school, i was talking to my friends. I dropped a quarter and went to retrieve it. Another friend who was talking to his other friends, saw it and picked it up. He is not mean, just really goofy. i go to get it back, btu he draws back. i can tell he's kidding, so we pretend to fight. at one point, he tries to fake kick me in my groin. this happens just as i reached down to grab my dropped quarter. He hits me, like a ball hitting a bat. I fall on the ground, sure that my name has gone from chris to Christina. the boy, not realizing what he had done, started to joyfully laugh. Then he realized the crime he had commited. "holy crap," he said. "Did I..... Oh dang, man i'm sorry!" I coughed out a "No prob," but it came out as "Po Prop"
This was not a really unfortunate event, but it still happened.

Last one i can currently recall: I was working on a science project (I was at my school) and i had typed out five full paragraphs. i was just about to hit the save button, when my computer died. I almost died. Calmly, however, i kept my cool, and asked fro a new computer. Sure, this happens to EVERYONE, but never the following. the teacher had given me a new, but low-battery computer. it was the only one she had left. So she gave me a charger and told me to plug it in. I was sitting in a corner, out of harm's way. Or so i thought. I had again reached my fith paragraph. i went for the save button. (I had remembered to hit it before on the third paragraph the second time around.) then, out of pure clumsiness, a classmate comes over, and pulls the chord from the socket. She had been walking to the door and tripped. i was not near the door. Unfortunately, she had ripped the chord from its home while the file was saving. Hence, the file was damaged and couldn't be re-opened. I stayed away from the computers, and typed it all at home.

this is not al that makes me unlucky. there are thousand of stories, and those were pretty mild. but i can't complain... too much. I got some luck! At least i hope.

1 comment:

Rabbert said...

You must've gotten that from your father, because the luck is strong on your mother's side of the family (except for vehicular luck, which you'll find out about later). It gets stronger the further back you go, if you look at your grandfather's unholy poker luck. It must be the luck o' the Irish.

That said, your luck does seem to be miserable. There are some that say you make your own luck, but very few of them have been kicked in the junk.